Lightforce Rally SA - Rally of the Heartland will offer unique new awards in 2017. The brainchild of long time rally enthusiast and competitor David McDonough, the aim is to put some of the fun back into rallying.
Its focus will be on drivers and co-drivers over 50 years of age, and in particular a special interest in cars from the 1960s 70s and 80s
It will be known as the Century Rally Award.
The event logo has been created by a collaboration between David and well-known and critically acclaimed local cartoonist John Stoneham. The decal created from this will be required to be placed on the competition car, middle lower rear screen, or side window, to confirm eligibility
· The Club will be known as the CENTURY RALLY CLUB ... find us on Facebook I
· Minimum member age 50 years, no fee to join, but must be a competitor in the event
· To be eligible for an award, both driver and co-driver MUST be over 50 years old at the time of the event
· Competitors in the SARC round are eligible
· Outright 1st (2wd or 4wd)
· First classic (as in 30 years old +)
· A Spirit of The Competition award, selected by the Clerk of Course
· A prize for every eligible finishing crew
Are you in the right age bracket? Got a car in the shed? Why not dust it off, and get out there?
Lightforce Rally SA – Rally of the Heartland – June 2-4
Australia’s newest event for classic cars, and Round 2 of the MRF South Australian Rally Championship